Monday 21 May 2007

This shaving thing

I can count on one hand the number of times I've had a wet shave in the past 6 months (sister's wedding, dressing in drag for Delice end of season party, going down the yacht club to name them). My super-duper set of clippers cover my every need in that department. I've also in the past few months taken it to my head on a weekly basis. It's not that I think it looks particularly cool but it's really a pretty functional haircut. I'm not trying to impress, intimidate or dress up or down - it's just damn easy to deal with and looks just fine.

As I've had this same head shorn look for 5 months now so last month I decided to grow it out a bit and see what it looked like. Pretty shocking as it turns out. It's not as thick as it used to be and to be honest I didn't have the inclination to start visiting barbers and monkeying about buying hair gel to spike it up, bleaching it blonde or perform on the unruly mop any of the other misdemeanours I have done over the years.



When I was younger I shaved my head and tried to grow stubble and it looked terrible. But this time it's immeasurably better. I must be getting old - awesome =) Plus a choice from the extensive hat collection slips on the head nice and easily.

Addendum: After seeing my nose in that photo and it's a bit wonky from a few snowboarding tumbles, it's made me think I should really get it fixed at some point.