Wednesday 20 June 2007

Weekend in Blighty

So spent the weekend back in Lancashire seeing my parents, and my wicked nephew and sister and brother-in-law. Was really, really good to catch up with everyone and see the little lad and generally be with the family.

I've got to say, I had a really nice time eating Mum's home-made food and going to the Lake District, going for a long walk with my Dad and talking the whole way, playing endlessly with Dusty and seeing my sister and also going out for a few beers with my brother in law. It really did make me feel a twinge of sadness coming back to Cham, but I knew that it was the right thing to do. Bizarrely I was actually missing the mountains virtually all the time I was there.

Funnily enough, it also helped clear my mind a lot from talking with the family and also making me realise that I really do want to be here in Chamonix. I came back on Monday to the cracking email of a new contract - awesome.