Woke up this morning with my throat red raw coughing and hacking away, nose running and constant sniffing. A couple of hours later and I feel even worse. Attacked by a bloody head cold. I decided to not go to Tignes for a variety of reasons, uppermost was that I don't want to get any worse. So here's the steps taken to cure the cold:
1) Put on thermal underwear, 2 t-shirts, hoodie, winter jacket, hat, gloves, scarf after warming on heater before venturing outside to obtain €50 from the bank
2) Wander down to supermarket and find fresh orange juice
3) Purchase low-preparation healthy foods from supermarket (dried apricots, sultanas, couscous, humous, bread, cucumber)
4) Co-ordinate trip to supermarket with trip to pharmacy to get vitamin C and zinc tablets as well as any other interesting-looking things to kill cold
5) Create comfy video watching environment with excessive duvets and pillows
6) Download Point Break and sit back and watch the cheese
I'll let you know how the treament goes.